Ergo Deus - On Account of God

Commentary & observations from my particular Christian perspective, including "homework" from my weekly Bible study on Rick Warren's The Purpose Driven Life. Please feel free to post topical comments.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Between UNH & USM of late., United States

Romans 7:15 in some fashion or other defines it all, be it my career, loves, family, or whatever.

Sunday, March 5

PDL Chapter 4 Question

"Since I was made to last forever, what is the one thing I should stop doing and the one thing I should start doing today?"

Obviously, my body wasn't meant to last forever but I should stop abusing it with a poor diet and not exercising it. Not taking care of it is looking a gift horse in the mouth, so to speak. The Lord entrusted me to take care of it and so far I've been doing a very poor job so far.

Surely the question is more about my non-corporeal permanence, but as I am betwixt Heaven and Earth right now the two incarnations are inexorably mated. Giving into the sinful pleasures of sloth and gluttony mars my shiny, clean soul. God gave it to me in factory-fresh condition, without blemish or flaw, and I've neglected the routine maintenance for some forty years now.

By accepting Christ I restored my soul but it can still be damaged and even lost. The Lord already knows if I will be taken to the Millennial Kingdom and I believe that I will be there, but how I behave on Earth determines how I will serve the Lord for eternity and I certainly don't want to disappoint Him.

So here's my plan, though only with God's strength and love can I fulfill it.
  • Daily prayer
  • Follow my heart when He calls upon me for prayer throughout the day
  • Be thankful and loving for all His gifts
  • Think more often "Is what I'm about to do going to glorify the Lord?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home