Ergo Deus - On Account of God

Commentary & observations from my particular Christian perspective, including "homework" from my weekly Bible study on Rick Warren's The Purpose Driven Life. Please feel free to post topical comments.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Between UNH & USM of late., United States

Romans 7:15 in some fashion or other defines it all, be it my career, loves, family, or whatever.

Sunday, March 5

PDL Chapter 3 Question

"What would my family and friends say is the driving force of my life? What do I want it to be?"

Without asking my friends and family, I honestly don't know what they would say is the driving force in my life. At least not at this time. Once they might have said that being a teacher was my driving force. Occupational answers are probably the norm, I would imagine. Once I thought it would be great to be a professional photographer.

Right now I have no professional ambitions so I guess that I can't count something like that as my driving force. And I probably shouldn't go with what I've been telling people for years: "I just hope to live long enough to bury my mother and then I'm done." For some reason that upsets strangers and not-so-strangers.

But it probably doesn't matter a whole lot what family and friends might say because what does matter is what God has in mind. "Don't be pigheaded as your ancestors were. Clasp GODs outstretched hand. Come to his Temple of holy worship, consecrated for all time. Serve GOD, your God. You'll no longer be in danger of his hot anger" (2 Chronicles 30:8). Even before reading chapter three of The Purpose Driven Life the idea of living my life for God weighed on me.

My friend Paul put it much more clearly than I could: "I pray that everything I do glorifies God, whether it be at church, work, or home." No doubt he won't mind if I borrow that as the driving force that I would like to have because, after all, this is the what the Lord would like for all of His children to assume as their goal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home