Ergo Deus - On Account of God

Commentary & observations from my particular Christian perspective, including "homework" from my weekly Bible study on Rick Warren's The Purpose Driven Life. Please feel free to post topical comments.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Between UNH & USM of late., United States

Romans 7:15 in some fashion or other defines it all, be it my career, loves, family, or whatever.

Monday, February 20

Baby Control

This reminds me of the popular bumper sticker "Choose Life! Your Mom Did!"

While I've decided that I'm pro-life (and I guess I've always thought that way, just never consciously) I still can't think clearly on the issue. Religion aside, it is hard for me to even think about terminating a pregnancy, especially when I'm not 100% against the death penalty for certain crimes.

Just trying to write this post is difficult. My brain freezes like I've sucked on a popsicle too long. As I type it looks like a cat has walked across the keyboard until I go back and make corrections. What is it about this issue? Could it be that I buried my daughter when she was two-and-a-half? There is quite a bit of guilt there because I hadn't wanted children. Of course, I didn't object when my wife wanted a baby. In fact, I even remember thinking "we just made a baby" and that wasn't our intent at the time (some of you probably get the idea).

No, it has to be more than that. Babies are noisy, smelly, messy, time-consuming gifts from God. There is nothing like having a baby nap on your chest. Babies are love in cuddly package. But I guess they just aren't for everyone. Got me. My brain just froze again. Looks like I've got to put this on my list of things to ask God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home