Ergo Deus - On Account of God

Commentary & observations from my particular Christian perspective, including "homework" from my weekly Bible study on Rick Warren's The Purpose Driven Life. Please feel free to post topical comments.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Between UNH & USM of late., United States

Romans 7:15 in some fashion or other defines it all, be it my career, loves, family, or whatever.

Sunday, July 2

Nice Visit to Church Today

For a change of pace, I went my good friend and neighbor's church, Hope United Methodist. My first time in a church of this flavor (outside of weddings), I was a wee surprised to see they celebrate Communion. Nothing wrong with that, I've just never seen it in person outside Catholic churches.

Of course, my primary reason to go was to make sure Andy went. The last few Sundays he's been at home and I thought that if I offered to go with him he would get out of the house. And we had a good time, too. The Vacation Bible School kids put on a brief production to show what they have learned so far and the pastor had an interesting message about interpreting Matthew 24 & 25 in terms of how 1st Century weddings worked.

And I got home in time to listen to Car Talk on NPR. A win, win, win in my book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home